I can’t log in to my Dashlane account / I may have forgotten my Master Password
Please follow the instructions below if you can't log in to your Dashlane account or if you believe you may have forgotten your Master Password.
If you’re receiving an “Incorrect password” error message, please follow these steps to log in to your Dashlane account:
Type your Master Password and after you receive the “Incorrect password” error message, click the eye icon to the right of the field, and confirm the following:
- The Master Password you entered:
- Contains 8 or more characters including: 1 lowercase letter, 1 uppercase letter, and 1 number
- Contains no typos or unwanted spaces
- Is the correct password for this account
- The email address you entered as your Dashlane ID:
- Contains no typos or spaces
- Is the correct email address associated with this Dashlane account (Reminder: Your contact email address can differ from your Dashlane ID)
- The device you’re using:
- Has both Caps Lock and Num Lock appropriately enabled or disabled
- Has the keyboard in the correct language/region
- Is already registered with Dashlane (Click here if this is the first time you’re using Dashlane on this device)
If you receive the error message after making adjustments, please try logging in to the Dashlane web app to confirm that your Master Password is correct.
If the issue persists after following the steps above, please contact Support.