Dashlane does not work... what should I do?
While our team works tirelessly to bring you the best application quality we possibly can, issues are sadly bound to occur.
Some may happen because of a conflict between Dashlane and another application/extension running on your machine; some may be very specific to a rare environment; and some unusual ones may affect our users on a larger scale.
In this article, you will find tips and content designed to walk you through the main issues currently being raised by our users. If you have an issue or question that is not listed here, do not worry: it may be covered in another article. Also, you can always reach out to our Support team via our available communication methods!
Synchronization and Sharing issues on Dashlane for macOS
You may be experiencing an issue while attempting to sync or share your data. This issue usually manifests itself either:
- by a sync wheel spinning continuously in the bottom-left status area of the app
- or by receiving the following error when attempting to share data.
While our team is actively working on a fix to this problem, you can follow the instructions below in order to temporarily solve the issue when it occurs. These instructions will guide you through ending all Dashlane processes and relaunching the application.
- Open the Dashlane application and select File → Log out in the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Now open the Activity Monitor either by:
- going to your /Applications/Utilities folder on your hard drive and opening Activity Monitor
- clicking on the Spotlight icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen (the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner) and typing in Activity Monitor and press Enter on your keyboard
- DashlaneAgent (if you installed Dashlane from our site)
- P72E3GC48.com.dashlane.DashlaneAgent (if you installed Dashlane from the Mac App Store)
The synchronization should then work properly again.
Dashlane does not work on any website in my browser
On Windows and macOS, Dashlane works with an application and a browser extension. The Dashlane extension communicates with the Dashlane application installed on your machine and is responsible for analyzing webpages and auto-filling your data. If Dashlane does not automatically enters your passwords and data on any website, we need to look at your Dashlane browser extension! This page will guide you through the recommended steps to be followed in such a situation.
Dashlane does not work on one or multiple specific websites
We try our best to operate on every possible field, on every possible website, but sadly there are exceptions. If you run into a website where Dashlane does not automatically autofill your passwords and data where it normally should, please refer to this article in order to try some very easy and lightning-quick solutions.